2.12.2010

Goodbye White Room


After spending nearly half of my life at the corner of State and Griswold in Downtown Detroit, its time, as they say. Beginning as an assistant in 1994 after 3 years of working as an independent producer and engineer, I would gradually work my way up to Chief Engineer in 2001. Though I continued to take on projects independently during my tenure, The White Room was always home base. The City of Detroit purchased the Capitol Park Building (home to the studio for 22 years) this past summer to rehab the blighted area in and around Capitol Park. Knowing there is no way a recording studio could survive the buildings rehabilitation, the decision was made to move on. I continue to work independently and as always, am looking for new and interesting projects to be involved with. To everyone I’ve had the honor of meeting and working with downtown over the years, thank you...
it was truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. John.... the thought of no more White Room is unbearable. You were the cog in the wheel that kept it alive as long as it was. I will look back fondly and sadly at my time in that building. I hope we meet up again my old friend.

    Jeff
    (Whitey)

    ReplyDelete